“If people knew, as I know, the result of giving and sharing, they would not eat without having given.” ~ The Buddha
|On Sunday, June 6, 4-5 pm ET, our board member Roxanne Dault will share the space with well-known teacher Sharon Salzberg. They will engage in a discussion to support a trauma-informed mindfulness training program for survivors of gun violence, followed by a guided meditation. |
You can learn more about this program in this article from the organisation Survivors Empowered.
Donations can be made at the UC San Diego (add note for Survivors of Gun Violence project in “Special Instructions” section) and at Insight World Aid.
On the first Sunday of each month, from 1-2 pm PT / 4-5 pm ET, dharma leaders will engage in a discussion, followed by a short meditation, focused on our commitment as dharma practitioners to service and advocacy. Topics will touch on how the dharma encourages, supports, and sustains us in advocating for social justice, equity, and human rights.
During each discussion, a guest leader and social change advocate will respond to the following questions:
- What motivates your dharma or meditation practice?
- How does your dharma or meditation practice motivate your service or advocacy work?
- How has dharma or meditation practice opened you to greater freedom of mind and heart, or contributed to the effectiveness of your service or advocacy?
You can find and listen to the all interviews on our IWA YouTube.
- Devin Berry shared the space with Duncan Ryūken Williams and Yenkuei Chuang on April 4, 2021 to benefit StopAAPIhate.org.
- Thank you to Fateen Jackson and Michael Cabral, two GRIP facilitators, who came in February 2021.
- Thank you to Kim Grose More that come in January 2021 to talk about GRIP.
- Thank you to Carol Wilson and Greg Scharf who came in December 2020 to talk about their project Metta in Action.
- Thank you to Bhante Buddharakkhita who joined us in November 2020 to talk about his monastery in Uganda.
- Thank you to trellis stepter who offered his wisdom with us in October 2020!